Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Father-daughter dance, 2010.

 A daughter's relationship with her father is one of a kind, unbreakable, and so special. And to be a daddy's girl is the greatest thing in the world, let me tell ya!

 While I'm a lot like my mother--we look alike, we're extroverts and we are stubborn and aggressive perfectionists, it's my dad for whom I am a clone. I'm left-brained like him, I like to fix things, I like a good sale (!!), and we are the only ones in the family who like our meat well done.

As a baby, my dad would walk me every night until I fell asleep, whether it was up and down the hall of our apartment, around the apartment complex, or down the street. It's no wonder we grew to be so close. As a child, he would take me to my favorite park, the Blue Park, as I always called it, and push me on the swings or watch me run around the jungle gym. As a teenager, my dad taught me how to drive, tolerated the many 'fender benders' I got into, and scared my boyfriends. As now, as an adult,   my dad has taught me the ins and outs of being a homeowner and how to invest my money.

But most importantly, my dad has always taken care of his family, has always been the best role model, and is the best at giving advice. 

Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you.

The Mosley clan, circa 1984 (I'm the baby!)



I hope you didn't forget that there's another guy I have to give props to!! 

This time next year, I'll have the great pleasure of celebrating two wonderful men on Father's Day. I told Husband that if we have a girl, I hope he has the same relationship with his daughter that I have with my dad (and then he cried!). 

This is how we celebrated the dad-to-be:

What do you think? Girl or boy?






No comments:

Post a Comment