Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wear your sunscreen, kids!!

For those of you who know me, I've always been a fan of sun-tanning (laying beachside/poolside in a tiny polka-dot bikini soaking up the sun's rays) and have long appreciated my brown skin (thanks to my black and Venezuelan heritage). As such, I have long believed that I was impervious to sunburns, assuming I am able to produce more melanin which ultimately protects against sunburns. As I reside in the high desert known as Albuquerque (Land of Enchantment to beloved residents like me), the cold and sometimes snow-filled (at least in the eyes of a San Diegan!) winters have contributed to a rather lame basetan. Now, as summer quickly approaches and the hot sun and thin air grace us, I've decided it's the perfect opportunity to get some much needed Vitamin D and color. The result (after 2.5 hrs of gardening) is this:



Don't forget to wear your sunscreen, kids!!

2 comments: